Omega 3 Reduce Inflammation And Help Chronic Diseases
Omega 3(Omega-3) is also known as Fatty Acids. Omega-3, derived from ALA (alpha-linolenic
acid) is described as essential as, like vitamins, it must be obtained from
diet. According to the human nutrition, the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic
acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are considered much more valuable as these
are the forms the body requires.
Humans are able to synthesise EPA and DHA from dietary ALA, but in practice this
process is inefficient. Scientists have therefore accomplished that EPA and DHA
should be obtained from diet. Oil-rich fish and supplements such as fish oil and
cod liver oil are the richest and most eagerly available sources. Other sources
such as krill and fortified everyday foods like bread and fruit juices are in
production in a slight way in various parts of the world.
Extensive research indicates that
Omega 3 fatty acids are considered essential
fatty acids, which means that they are essential to human health but cannot be
manufactured by the body. For this reason, omega-3 fatty acids must be obtained
from food. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish and certain plant oils. It
is important to maintain an appropriate balance of omega-3 and omega-6 (another
essential fatty acid) in the diet as these two substances work together to
promote health. Also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), omega-3 and
omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function as well as normal
growth and development. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and help prevent
certain chronic diseases such as heart disease and arthritis. These essential
fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain and appear to be particularly
important for cognitive and behavioral function. In fact, infants who do not get
enough omega-3 fatty acids from their mothers during pregnancy are at risk for
developing vision and nerve problems.
Omega 3 Benefits:
- Omega 3 fatty acid can also be used for the treatment, control, and improvement
- Omega 3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and help prevent certain chronic
- Omega 3 group showed improvement of depression compared to the olive oil.
- Omega 3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation.
- Omega-3 fatty acids may be helpful in treating a variety of conditions.
- Omega 3 help protect us from an array of illnesses including Alzheimer''s
- Omega-3 fatty acid supplements dramatically reduce the risk of death.
- Omega 3 fatty acids may also act as an anticoagulant to prevent blood from
- Omega-3 fatty acids offer protection against cardiovascular disease.
Omega 3 Precautions:
Dietary supplements should be taken only under the supervision of a
knowledgeable healthcare provider.
Omega 3 Dosage:
As a dietary supplement, take one tablespoon (15 ml) 1 to 2 times daily,
preferably with meals. For best results, take 1-1/2 tablespoons per 100 lbs. of
body weight daily with meals.
For More Health Articles Visit: http://www.getnutri.com/articles/default.asp
To find other free health content see e-healtharticles.com